Sunday, June 16, 2013

Denver Pride

I Love Pride.

I love how all of the differences between us bind us together and how deeply our bond grows when we march together. I value the kinship which brings together the leathermen, the puppies, the drag queens, the lesbians, the queer folk, homosexuals, bisexuals, pansexuals and everyone in between.

This Pride, we stood for something even bigger than all of this. We marched with the symbol of HIV neutrality, a red plus and a minus sign,  painted upon our bodies. Some of us marked our arms, others marked those beautiful, round asses framed scantily by leather, others painted bare chests and backs- but we all stood together. We supported our friends and family in their fight to end the stigma of HIV, to have the freedom to speak openly of their status without fear of judgment and to have the freedom to live and love as they choose. I love these people and support them unconditionally. They are my friends, family and the people I love most in this world and I will fight for their freedoms with everything I have. I am proud of their bravery, their fight and their dedication.

This is Pride for me. The Pride I feel in my heart as I march with my brothers and sisters of every race, religion, sexual identity and status. We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment